Talk to a Professional (for Employees)

Tulane employees who experience sexual harassment, sexual violence, intimate partner violence, and stalking are encouraged to seek support and report the incident.  Tulane recognizes that confidentiality is particularly important to victims of crime and individuals impacted by violence and harassment. Tulane University employees have several options to seek support and/or report an incident of sexual harassment or misconduct. These options fall into three categories: confidential, private, and anonymous.

Confidential: These resources are strictly confidential. Except in rare, extreme circumstances, nothing will be shared without your explicit permission. Exceptions to strict confidentiality are when the provider believes you are a threat to yourself or others. We encourage all victims and survivors to seek counseling to help process their experience, options, and to begin the recovery process.

Private: These conversations are kept as private as possible, but information must be shared with key staff members so that the university can offer resources and accommodations and take action if necessary for reasons of safety. In planning any resource, the wishes of the person are given full consideration.

Anonymous: Anonymous reporting is NOT for emergency situations. Anonymous reporting is an option if you are afraid of being identified as the complainant. However, you should realize that anonymous reports may not receive immediate attention, limit the ability for you to receive feedback or information regarding the outcome, and should include sufficient detail for the appropriate officials to be able to investigate if warranted.


Confidential Resources
  • Employee Assistance Program
    • EAP provides confidential support for a variety of concerns, from coping with stress to information and support on financial issues, child care, legal issues, relationships and other life challenges.
    • Contact Information: 1-800-624-5544, or visit the website at, company code: Tulane.


Private Resources
  • Office of Institutional Equity
    • OIE supports faculty, staff, students and members of the Tulane community reporting concerns or allegations of discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation covered under the University's Equal Opportunity/Anti-Discrimination Policy so appropriate action can be taken. 
    • Contact information: 504-862-8083;; 1555 Poydras St., Suite 964, New Orleans, LA 70112;


  • Office of Human Resource
    • HR may be consulted about employment matters and concerns.
    • Contact information: 504-865-4748; 1555 Poydras St., Suite 964, New Orleans, LA 70112;


  • Concerns Report 
    • The Tulane Concerns Report form can be used to report any incidents to the university.  If you include your name when you file the report, HR will reach out to you to offer supportive measures.  If your report falls under the jurisdiction of the Office of Institutional Equity or the Office of Student Conduct, the appropriate office will reach out to you to discuss your options for the investigation and resolution of your report.  Filing this report does not constitute filing a police report.  You must contact Tulane Police or your local police directly to make a police report.  The Concerns Report can also be used anonymously.  However, it is important to know that if you file an anonymous report, the university will not be able to offer you resources or inform you of what steps may have been taken in response to the report.  Additionally, the university is often very limited in how it can respond to anonymous reports.  Please also note that filing a concerns report is NOT the same as filing a criminal report with TUPD.


  • Tulane University Police Department (TUPD)
    • Incidents of sexual violence, intimate partner violence, and stalking can be reported to campus police. You must file a report directly with TUPD if you want to pursue a criminal investigation.
    • Uptown contact information: Emergency: 504-865-5911   /   Non-emergency: 504-865-5381
    • Downtown contact information: Emergency: 504-988-5555   /   Non-emergency: 504-988-5531